Thomas Hardy's Woman: Femininity In Crisis
by Jane Thomas
Why Shop at Bookworld?
- - FAST FREE shipping on everything
- - We beat Amazon by 10% guaranteed
- - We're a local Australian company
- - Millions of products at the best price
- - Hassle free 30-day returns
- - Local Customer Service
Not in Stock
Get notified when this item becomes available
RRP $238.00Not a Citizen yet?
Join now for FREE
Drawing on aspects of Foucauldian feminist theory Thomas Hardy's Women: Femininity in Crisis offers detailed readings of six critically under-valued novels: Desperate Remedies , A Pair of Blue Eyes , The Hand of Ethelberta , A Laodicean , Two on a Tower and The Well-Beloved , demonstrating Hardy's appreciation of how individuals negotiate the forces which shape their sense of self. Tracing his interest in the evolutionary debate and the woman question, this book reveals a politically engaged rather than a pessimistic Hardy. The book is aimed at departments of literature (courses on Thomas Hardy); womens studies, and feminist theory.
- Publication Date:
- Palgrave Macmillan
- notes, bibliography, index
- Country of origin:
- 184 pages, notes, bibliography, index
- Dimensions (mm):
- 222 x 142 x 18