Mad Men and Philosophy: Nothing is as it Seems
by James B. South and Rod Carveth
Paperback / softback
Why Shop at Bookworld?
- - FAST shipping on everything
- - We beat Amazon by 10% guaranteed
- - We're a local Australian company
- - Millions of products at the best price
- - Hassle free 30-day returns
- - Local Customer Service
Typically received in 7-10 working days after ordering
This title is IN STOCK at our Australian Supplier!
You should expect to receive this within 7-10 working days after placing your order
Shipped via Australia Post eParcel
This is a tracked service
RRP $23.95 YOU PAY $22.07
A look at the philosophical underpinnings of the hit TV show,Mad Men
With its swirling cigarette smoke, martini lunches, skinny ties,and tight pencil skirts, Mad Men is unquestionably one of the moststylish, sexy, and irresistible shows on television. But the seriesbecomes even more absorbing once you dig deeper into its portrayalof the changing social and political mores of 1960s America andexplore the philosophical complexities of its key characters andthemes. From Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle to John KennethGalbraith, Milton Friedman, and Ayn Rand, Mad Men and Philosophybrings the thinking of some of history's most powerful minds tobear on the world of Don Draper and the Sterling Cooper ad agency.You'll gain insights into a host of compelling Mad Men questionsand issues, including happiness, freedom, authenticity, feminism,Don Draper's identity, and more.
* Takes an unprecedented look at the philosophical issues andthemes behind AMC's Emmy Award-winning show, Mad Men * Explores issues ranging from identity to authenticity tofeminism, and more * Offers new insights on your favorite Mad Men characters,themes, and storylines
Mad Men and Philosophy will give Mad Men fans everywheresomething new to talk about around the water cooler.
- Paperback / softback
- Publication Date:
- The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series
- John Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Country of origin:
- United Kingdom
- Dimensions (mm):