Mad Men and Philosophy: Nothing is as it Seems
by Rod Carveth and James B. South
Paperback / softback
Why Shop at Bookworld?
- - FREE delivery on orders over $50
- - We beat Amazon by 10% guaranteed
- - We're a local Australian company
- - Millions of products at the best price
- - Hassle free 30-day returns
- - Local Customer Service
A look at the philosophical underpinnings of the hit TV show, Mad Men
With its swirling cigarette smoke, martini lunches, skinny ties, and tight pencil skirts, Mad Men is unquestionably one of the most stylish, sexy, and irresistible shows on television. But the series becomes even more absorbing once you dig deeper into its portrayal of the changing social and political mores of 1960s America and explore the philosophical complexities of its key characters and themes. From Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle to John Kenneth Galbraith, Milton Friedman, and Ayn Rand, Mad Men and Philosophy brings the thinking of some of history's most powerful minds to bear on the world of Don Draper and the Sterling Cooper ad agency. You'll gain insights into a host of compelling Mad Men questions and issues, including happiness, freedom, authenticity, feminism, Don Draper's identity, and more.
* Takes an unprecedented look at the philosophical issues and themes behind AMC's Emmy Award-winning show, Mad Men * Explores issues ranging from identity to authenticity to feminism, and more * Offers new insights on your favorite Mad Men characters, themes, and storylines
Mad Men and Philosophy will give Mad Men fans everywhere something new to talk about around the water cooler.
YOU PAY $26.99
Typically received in 7-10 working days after ordering
This title is IN STOCK at our Australian Supplier!
You should expect to receive this within 7-10 working days after placing your order
Shipped via Australia Post eParcel
This is a tracked service
- Paperback / softback
- Publication Date:
- The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series
- John Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Country of origin:
- United Kingdom
- Dimensions (mm):