Getting started with eBooks and eReaders
For more help with your eReader and eBook questions visit our Online forums.
MAPs - Most Annoying Problems!
Books not adding to eLibrary
We have had a few instances of books bought not being added to customer's eLibraries. Please contact us if this occurs.
eBook appears to be corrupted, missing pages or cut off
Please contact us as we need to know more information about your corrupted book so we can get the content corrected.
iPad/iPhone - Removing free, sample and paid for eBooks
On the iPad place your finger on the book you wish to remove (in shelf view). The background will turn blue and a pop up overview will display. In the bottom right hand corner is a delete button. CAUTION - pressing this deletes the book and there's no confirmation. Also be aware that you can't currently get this book back. We are working on management functions for your eLibrary so you can add this book back in, should you so wish (this applies to paid for eBooks only).
On the iPhone switch your library to List view. Now swipe your finger over the title of the book you wish to delete. A delete button will appear. Again proceed with CAUTION, as per above.
Have a different issue? Visit our Online forums.
What is Adobe Digital Editions?
Our eBooks use the ePub standard for content, meaning that you can view them on any ePub compatible device and older PCs and Macs which do not meet the minimum system requirements for the apps.
If the above applies to you, you will need to download Adobe Digital Editions. (ADE). For complete instructions about installing and setting up Adobe Digital Editions and downloading from your Borders eLibrary into ADE, please click here
TO GET YOUR BOOKS FROM THE BORDERS E-LIBRARY INTO ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS (ADE)
1. Log into your account on the website.
2. Go to 'My E-Library' along the top toolbar.
3. You will now be able to see the ebooks within your account library. On the right of each title, below 'Open eBook' you will see a link 'Download Now (For Adobe Digital Editions users)'. Click that link for each ebook, it will not cost you any further money.
4. The downloaded file may ask you if you wish to open it with Adobe Digital Editions or save it to your file system.
5. Please 'SAVE' the file before opening it with Adobe Digital Editions.
6. The file will download as a file with the extension type '.acsm'. This is a key to allow you to open the file. In this case right-click your mouse on the file, select 'OPEN WITH' and the select Adobe Digital Editions.
7. The e-books should now appear in your ADE library.
Why do my all my eBooks keep downloading to my eReading app?
Your library of books is stored elsewhere and only a virtual version is passed to your app when you access it. If you sign out of the app, your library information is maintained at the source but the virtual copy on your app is lost. The virtual copy of your library will need to be reloaded every time you sign in, which can be quite time consuming if you have a lot of books in your library. Our recommendation is that you do not sign out of the app.
Why isn't my eReader responding?
If your Kobo eReader appears to be stuck on the last page you were looking at, it may be in need of recharging. To recharge, plug your device into the USB on your computer. If the battery has been completely drained this may take between 2 and 3 hours.
If recharging does not work, try resetting the device by sticking a paper clip into the small hole on the back of the case. Seven black boxes should appear on the screen afterwards. This means the Kobo is restarting and should work fine after this.
Need more help? Try our eBooks FAQs or visit our Online forums.
Last updated: 14 September 2011