Bookworld Gift Cards
Bookworld Gift Cards
The perfect gift idea is the Bookworld electronic gift card. If you can’t decide between gifting the complete works of Shakespeare or a celebrity cookbook, then why decide at all?
A Bookworld electronic gift card can be used to purchase books, audio books, eReaders, CDs, DVDs and calendars, but cannot be used to purchase eBooks. Whether they want educational or relaxing, we have it and with Bookworld electronic gift cards you can give them exactly what they want.
How it works
A Bookworld electronic gift card is delivered via email by specifying the recipient's email address in the Checkout. If you don't know their email address then simply provide your own email address and forward on the gift card later or print it out and present it to the recipient.
Bookworld electronic gift cards don’t have to be sent right away. Use the calendar function next to each gift card in the Checkout and delay the sending by up to three months and have the gift card sent via email to the recipient on their special day.
Bookworld electronic gift cards can be used to purchase any item via the Bookworld website except eBooks which are provided by our eBook partner Kobo from their website.
Bookworld Electronic Gift Card Terms and Conditions
Redemption of Electronic Gift Cards
- Bookworld Electronic Gift Cards are available for purchase from 1 November 2012 from www.bookworld.com.au and can be redeemed for all products excluding eBooks on the www.bookworld.com.au website. From October 29, 2013, Bookworld Electronic Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for eBooks.
- Bookworld Electronic Gift Card balances can be checked by adding an item to the checkout in your account and using the gift card code or by contacting our Customer Service team.
- The amount of the Bookworld Electronic Gift Card to be redeemed during a transaction can be varied by the recipient and can be redeemed in conjunction with a credit card. Bookworld Electronic Gift Cards cannot be redeemed in conjunction with PayPal payment. Where the value of the purchase exceeds the value of the gift card the remaining portion will be required to be paid using credit card.
- Bookworld Electronic Gift Cards can be used in conjunction with other offers such as voucher codes and special offers. The Bookworld Electronic Gift Card redemption is applied after other discounts have been applied and is the final deduction applied prior to completing the order.
- Only one Electronic Gift Card can be redeemed per order.
Refunds and Purchases of Electronic Gift Cards
- Purchases of the Bookworld Electronic Gift Cards cannot be refunded, re-sold, transferred for value, or be redeemed for cash, credit card or PayPal account credits.
- Where an item ordered by a Bookworld Electronic Gift Card has been deemed to be faulty, unfit for purpose or has been returned in accordance with the Bookworld Returns Policy, the refund amount will be issued back onto the Electronic Gift Card. Where the Electronic Gift Card has been used in conjunction with a credit card, the amount purchased on the Gift Card will be refunded first and any remaining funds owed back to the customer will be refunded back to credit card.
Expiration of Electronic Gift Cards
- Bookworld Electronic Gift Cards expire twelve (12) months from the date upon which they are sent to the recipient’s address. Delayed delivery of a gift card by the sender will be taken into account with the Electronic Gift Card expiring twelve (12) months from the date received.
- Any remaining balance on a Bookworld electronic gift card after the date of expiry will be forfeited to Bookworld.
Lost, Stolen and Used Without Authorisation Electronic Gift Cards
- Bookworld takes no responsibility for Electronic Gift Card emails that are directed or disposed of via junk mail or spam filters and it is the responsibility of the recipient to check such email filters, as these are factors beyond our control.
- Bookworld is not responsible for any unauthorised use of Electronic Gift Cards. Lost, stolen or destroyed Electronic Gift Cards will not be refunded or replaced.
- Bookworld reserves the right to cancel an Electronic Gift Card at any time if obtained illegally, including through fraud.
Reservation of Right to Change Conditions of Use
- Bookworld reserves the right to change these terms and conditions of use of Electronic Gift Cards at any time and at its discretion.